Whether you are getting ready to go on your first trip ever in an RV or you have been behind the wheel for years, one of the grandest adventures you can take is to a national park.
Not only are these types of places great travel destinations year-round, but many of them also have special seasons or events that make visiting them at a specific time even more fun. So, your neighbors here at Patriot RV of Ashland put together our bucket list of must-see places or must-do activities in our nations’ greatest parks:
- Visit Snowshoe in Yellowstone in the winter. You will get a fantastic look at wildlife in a winter wonderland.
- Make the Phantom Ranch hike in the Grand Canyon. Be warned, it is an intrepid activity.
- Take the drive on Trail Ridge Road in the Rocky Mountains for some of the most stunning views in alpine tundra.
- Go canoeing on one of the stunning lakes in Olympic National Park. It’s a wonderful rainforest experience with lush, overhead trees and swooping seabirds.
- Take an epic hike in Yosemite, such as Half Dome or the less daunting North Dome.
- The Narrows in Zion allows you to get a feel for slot canyon hiking without having to do any rappelling or squeezing through narrow gaps.
- One of the most incredible sights in the world may be the massive gathering of fireflies in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It occurs every year from late May to early June.
There is no greater feeling than traveling the open road while you still have all of the comforts and conveniences of home right there with you. And if you are looking for an epic trip to a national park, you will need a high-quality RV.
Why not come and visit the friendly auto professionals at Patriot RV of Ashland? You’ll find us at 7405 Route 60 Ashland, KY, 41102. Or, give us a call at 833-779-0490 and we’ll be happy to help you.